Follow by Email

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Social Networking and the Benefits

So we are one week into the New Year and either you have given up on your resolution or you didn't even make any. The only resolution that I made was to define my brand. I have learned in the last few months that Social Networking is a beneficial tool. I have managed to meet some great people whom I have never met in the physical sense. Due to social networking, I have established friendships with people who I feel like I have known forever. I have even managed to develop a partnership with  Sage & Time Design  in Brooklyn, N.Y. A designer of invitations, cards, and other stationery needs,  Sage & Time Design and Epiphany Events, Event Management and Planning, LLC are both businesses that are beneficial to each other in the sense that we can both provide a service that compliment one another to our clients. If it wasn't for Twitter and Facebook, I can honestly say,  this partnership and meeting my peers, probably would have never happened.
In this age of technology, it is Social Networking that  helps to establish the viability for any business small and large. In order to be relevant, a business must be in the Social Networking game. I do believe that it is beneficial and can create new business ventures as well as bring new customers.  It is my goal to use Social Networking as a tool to establish my brand. Although it is not the only tool that I use, I do feel that it is an important tool to incorporate into a marketing plan for any business.  It is not all about how many "followers" or "likes" you obtain, but the information that you receive from them. Take the  "re tweets" and the "likes" and use them resourcefully. Until next time, keep Facebook and Twitter in your marketing tool box.  Happy New Year to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment